Thursday, April 26, 2012

Interviews-serie "WIVES ov DOOM "pt3 w/Corinne "Ripple music" + Christine "Days of the Doomed" !!!

 Here's a new episode from the "WIVES ov DOOM" with Corinne Severin and Christine Smith. As you'll see, we've got here again two pretty different ways to live and express feelings  towards the passion of Mister for heavy sounds, but all in a total respect and that is the most essential ...
Thanx a lot to you Ladies for your participation and refreshing sincerity !

For those who missed the previous episodes, here are the links :



Episode 1 with Susan "Soggy Bog" and Ronnie "Sigirya"
Episode 2 with Sarah "Atolah", Soph "Alunah" and Sam"Ice Dragon"


Corinne (wife of Todd  Severin from RIPPLE MUSIC / THE RIPPLE EFFECT)

1) I wanted to know which are your feelings towards the passion of Mister for Doom and Heavy musics in general...
a) Todd aka "Racer X" and I have different taste in music.... I am getting used to (kinda) of what he's spinning...

Could they be slow and gloomy or fast and brutal, how do you enjoy these weird sounds ?
a) If I just don't want to "think" I don't mind listening...a little bit ;-)

Do you sometimes take vengeance and play crappy Pop stuff just to piss him off ?
a) I play as much "trance" music I can!
 
2) Are you proud of what he's doing with his band/blog/label/ Radioshow/ Record label ?!!
a) Utmost respect

Do you think this is more rewarding to play in a respected but underground Doom band than playing shit in a wellknown band ?
a) I'm all for originality, creativity and passion. Music is universal.

Do you think playing Doom is necessary to his equilibrium and maybe that only this kind of music can bring him what he needs or is looking for ?
a) I don't know if it's "necessary", I know he has an "ear" for talent. He would hear the same song at least 4-5 times and different times during a day.

   
3) Does he still have enough time for both housework's and cuddles, or sometimes there's difficult choice to make between both ?!
a) HA, I would like him know when it's time...I have a huge broom stick with a hook at the end, so when I feel he needs to get off the dam turntable....he'll feel it. ;-0

 
4) When he's listening music with headphones, computing on the net, practicing with his band, playing gigs far away... do you feel alone quickly or is it an opportunity for you to meet friends/parents, make some things you enjoy but can't do together, etc... ?
a) Absolutely, I enjoy my time away from him, we are both free spirited and independent, I also enjoy knowing he's having fun and into his element. Everyone deserves to wallow in their passion.

Christine (Married to Mike Smith, Promoter of Days of the Doomed Fest)
I wanted to know what are your feelings towards ssion of Mister for Doom and Heavy music in general... Could they be slow and gloomy or fast and brutal,how do YOU enjoy these weird sounds ? Do you sometimes take vengeance and play crappy Pop stuff just to piss him off ? 
To be honest I had never really heard any of the Doom music until Mike took me on a trip to Indiana one year for the Templars of Doom Fest. I was so surprised! I actually liked the music! Another thing that was most shocking was how awesome all of the people were. I had a misconception of how the people and music would be at the fest, but when we were there everyone was so nice, easy going and respectful. I really loved everything about the weekend including the music. There is such a camaraderie amongst everyone. They make everyone feel welcome. It is almost as if the genre as a whole is a family. It was a true eye opener for me. I really appreciated and respected Doom Metal after the Templars of Doom fest. The people of Doom were one of the main reasons I really wanted Mike to put on Days of the Doomed. Of course I play crappy music to piss him off! Don’t most wives? The worst is when I play ABBA or Lady Gaga for our two boys and they sing along with me. He really hates that! But they do like KISS...
 
Are you proud of what he's doing with Days Of The Doomed Fest?!! Do you think promoting Doom is necessary to his equilibrium and maybe that only this kind of  music can bring him what he needs or is looking for ?I am very proud of what he is doing with Days of the Doomed Fest! Music is his life it is in his soul, it is a part of him, it is who he is. He has always wanted to play drums in a doom metal band, but he never found the  right people to start a band with. Promoting this fest has really helped fill that void for him.

 
              
Does he still have enough time for both housework and cuddles, or sometimes there's
  difficult choices to make between both ?! 
  He tries to make time for everything, and it is stressful for him because we have two young kids and of 
course as a wife I can be demanding. He tries hard to balance it. I do have my days where I tell him “Today,
 I don’t want you to be on the computer or your phone all night.” I try to be supportive of it too though. 
When he needs time alone I make sure I take the kids somewhere or just give him that time. It is surprising 
how much time promoting a fest can take up. It is like having a second full time job.

When he's listening music with headphones, computering on the net, promoting the fest, negotiating with bands... do you feel alone quickly or is it an opportunity for you to meet friends/parents, make some things you enjoy but can't do together, etc... ?

When he is promoting the Days of the Doomed Fest or listening to music or chatting with bands or talking for hours on the phone, it is an opportunity for me to hang out with the kids, family and friends. Mike is a wonderful man. I feel the kids and I are very lucky to have him. I also feel he is a great asset to some of these bands that are playing the fest. He has made a ton of new friends over the past couple years and he and I have met so many new people. It has been great. He has done a great job with these two fests. I look forward to seeing what the future will bring for Mike with Doom music. Hails to all the bands involved in this years fest! 



3 comments:

  1. Fun! Didn't Confucius say: "Behind every great doomhead there's an even greater woman"?

    ~ Teeder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome wife & Family....Mike Smith is indeed a blessed and Lucky Man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool interviews!!!!

    ...and Confuscious say "He who has itchy butt has smelly finger"

    ReplyDelete